The statistics of crime rates is hard to even imagine… The numbers prove that everyone should take care to follow rules to help avoid becoming a victim. Here are a few tips that may help to keep you safe.
1. Be familiar with your usual travel routes. Watch for anything out of the ordinary. Is there somewhere that you could get help if you needed it? Always be thinking what if?
2. Consider carrying pepper spray. It is legal in all 50 states and you don’t have to let your attacker get close to you. You can see all the pepper spray that we have in Damsel in Defense at my website stunninglyprotected.com
3. Stay alert at red lights, stop signs, and gas stations. Be sure your doors are locked and you are alert to anyone approaching your vehicle.
4. Always look around your vehicle under and inside before you get too close to it. Someone could be waiting until you get it unlocked to steal your car and possible take you with it! I like to carry my flash light to my car, which duals as a stun gun!
5. Know how to defend yourself if attacked in your car. It is a good idea to have a Kubotan, and/or other personal protection products
6. If your car breaks down, raise the hood and stay inside with the doors locked. OR If you have our Gimme a Sign, you won’t have to get out of your car. You can put the “Assistance Needed” signs in your windows. Be careful of who stops to help you, make sure you are ready to defend yourself if needed.
7. Never leave your driver’s license in your car.
8. Always remember where you park your car, so you won’t be wandering around the parking area trying to find it.
9. Always walk with confidence. Keep your head up to look anyone you meet in the face. Usually they are looking for an easy target that can’t identify them. Look behind you every now and then, be aware of your surroundings.
10. Never pull into a parking space next to anyone loitering or sitting in a parked car. I wrote about this in an earlier post.
Stay Safe and Stunningly Protected! 🙂